Tuesday, January 31, 2017

#25 On the Homefront

Yesterday Tess and Lanie came home from the hospital. We bundled Lanie up in a blue sleeper and a knit stocking cap, secured her in carseat, and introduced her to the soothing sounds of The Decemberists on the way home. Once I brought Lanie through the door, things started to feel real. I think I'm finally getting it through my head that Lanie is here to stay. She sleeps in a bassinet next to Tess and my bed. She's waiting for me when I come home from work. She stares at me with her big blue eyes and makes confused faces. She sucks on my finger when she gets fussy and scares herself more than I ever thought a person could. But most of all, she just melts my heart. I know her plan is to be sweet and cute enough now that I never really can get mad at her. But even though I see through her plan, I know that it will work. It's only been four days, and she already know me too well. I'm done for.





Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment