Saturday, January 28, 2017

#24 She's Here!

We have good news! Alena Joy Hofman was born yesterday (January 27) at 10:58 AM. Lanie weighed 7 lb. 6 oz. and was 19.5 in. long at birth. She's only been here a day, but she's already brought us so much joy. Lanie was born by Cesarean section, which meant I got to hold her first. She wraps her little fingers around my index finger. She makes cute faces and squirms and coos. I get to swaddle Lanie and change her diapers. I'm pretty much obsessed already. But anyway, you're here for the pictures, so here you go:






I'm sure there'll be plenty more to come!

Grace and peace,
BMH

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! So happy for you and Tessa!!! May little Alena Joy be showered with joy and love. :)

    P.S. Kanawha is a very special place to start your life (I too started my journey as a pastor's kid there). Little Alena will feel loved the rest of her life by that congregation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! We are beyond excited to have Lanie in our lives. Lanie was already so loved by the congregation before her birth that I'm sure she'll be almost overwhelmed as she gets to meet her church family here.

      Delete