Monday, January 16, 2017

#22 A Great Idea

Every once in a while I have an idea that I think is pure gold, something that I can hardly wait to tell Tess. I'd guess about half the time she simply shakes her head or rolls her eyes at me, but sometimes she agrees that I'm on to something. That's when the magic really happens. A couple weeks ago I had one of these epiphanies. Over the years through Christmas presents and Black Friday deals and such, I've built a collection of movies I really enjoy. I was browsing my collection and found a few beloved movies that made me think, "It's been too long since I watched that." The trouble with movies is that they can be quite the time commitment. (Especially in the case of The Lord of the Rings. I refuse to watch anything other than the extended editions.) I can't just watch a movie any day. I've got other things on my to-do list. And then I had the solution: Sunday Night Movies. By the time Sunday night rolls around, I'm pretty much toast. I have a decent chunk of free time but don't have much energy, so movies are a welcome way to relax. More importantly, this also gives Tess and me some regular time to just be together, which is something else I think about quite a bit. I'm always working to try to ensure ministry doesn't swallow up my family time. So when this idea hit, I knew I'd knocked it out of the park. And Tess agreed. Two weeks in, we're almost through the original Star Wars trilogy. It's been a blast. I get to take time to be with Tess and enjoy exciting cinema. To riff on Brian Regan, I submit that life cannot get any better than that. Well, at least until I get my next big idea.

Grace and peace,
BMH

2 comments:

  1. That's like having a date night! Don't forget the popcorn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of it that way before. A weekly mini-date. I like that. And don't worry, we've got popcorn. :)

      Delete