Monday, January 23, 2017

#23 Sorry to Disappoint

As I write this post, Tess is two days past her due date. We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our baby. But it's not just us. It seems that EVERYONE we talk to, including people who hardly know us, is on the edge of their seat waiting for Baby Girl to make her appearance. This puts in me in a somewhat awkward situation. No matter where I go, people are just a little bit disappointed to see me. They know that if I drop in on coffee time or swing by for a visit or show up at church then I'm not at the hospital, and the baby hasn't come yet. Everyone wants to hear updates, but I really don't have much to report. No signs of labor at this point. So I just continue on with my daily life, dashing hopes wherever I stop. So it goes. Hopefully I'll have baby pics next time I blog. Until then...

Grace and peace,
BMH

2 comments:

  1. Please don't let our anxiousness and excitement spoil this time of waiting. We're praying for you both and the baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers. And don't worry: I'm not upset or bothered, just remarking on the curious situation I'm in.

      Delete