Monday, April 3, 2023

#291 A-Puzzle-A-Day


This post is a little overdue. I got distracted with some other things, I guess. Last year my parents bought me one of these puzzles for my birthday. They showed up at my house with it on February 18, 2022, one day after my 31st birthday. I spent the next year rearranging the eight wooden pieces to uncover the proper month and day for every day of the year. The first few days were pretty tough, but eventually I learned some tricks that made me much more efficient. I took this picture after completing the whole challenge on February 17, 2023.

And before you ask, yes, I figured out how to get February 29, even though that date didn't come around in 2022. And yes, I also found solutions for the imaginary dates of February 30 & 31, April 31, June 31, September 31, and November 31. I made 372 different combinations.

Throughout the year Lanie was a constant motivator. Day after day she wanted me to show her the proper date. She forgot about the puzzle for a few days after my birthday, but then she asked me to keep going. I told her I've done it all before. The puzzle can wait until she's ready to take up the challenge herself.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment