Monday, March 20, 2023

#290 Medical Mysteries

Sometimes I think that my seminary training should've included a class on medical terminology. I spend a lot of time talking to church members about their health. I hear about chronic health conditions that they've been diagnosed with. I hear about different treatments and procedures that their doctors are recommending to alleviate their pain or sometimes simply to help with diagnosis. I hear about various ailments that land them in the hospital for a short time. But many times the words I hear go over my head. So I ask for clarification or try to look up the terms online. While that's helpful, I don't always end up with a very clear idea of what the future outlook is for these people whom I care about. Many times I wish I had a better sense of what was going on. Thankfully, I don't need to understand everything to pray for others. God knows what's happening and what's needed, even if my knowledge comes in scattered bits and pieces.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment