Monday, August 29, 2022

#269 Lifting Fog

"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." (1 Corinthians 13:12)

About a week ago I was walking to the church building on Sunday morning. As I started my walk there was a bit of fog obscuring my vision, but over the course of a few blocks the fog lifted away. The bright sun shone down and I could see everything around me clearly. I think that our experience when Christ Jesus returns will be a lot like that. Right now our human understanding is foggy. There are many things about God and the way He works in our world that are a mystery to us. But when God's people reach the end of our journey and we see Him face to face, I think a lot of things will suddenly make sense. God's light will shine through. We'll experience God's character more clearly; we'll gain a deeper perspective on history. Our questions and wonderings will give way to ultimate satisfaction and pure adoration. Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment