Monday, August 15, 2022

#268 Distraction Danger

Between my running and my habit of walking to work, I spend quite a bit of my time as a pedestrian. I'm not often in high traffic areas, but spend enough time on your feet and you'll see a lot of cars go by. The thing is, I'm not always sure how many cars see me go by. I notice a lot of drivers who appear to be looking down at the phone while driving past me. It's possible that some of these drivers are briefly adjusting their fan or radio or just happen to be looking a different direction. But a lot of them give me a strong "checking the phone" vibe. That freaks me out. I try to keep myself on high alert when I'm out and about on foot, but no matter how careful I am distracted drivers still mean increased danger for me. I'm never going to win a fight with a car. So as a concerned and vulnerable traveler, I'm begging you, please leave your phone alone when you're behind the wheel.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment