Monday, November 29, 2021

#238 The Top 7 Reasons Why I Give Blood

About a week and a half ago I was giving blood, something that has become a pretty regular occurence for me while I've lived in Iowa thanks to the folks at LifeServe and their reminders. Now that I've moved to Le Mars, I was giving in a different location than before, so things felt pretty fresh. That got me thinking about why I give blood. So, without further ado, here are my top seven reasons why I give blood:

7. I'm not afraid of needles.

6. My veins are always easy to find. (Seriously. Sometimes I wonder why the workers even draw over my veins. They're practically popping out of my arm.)

5. It gets me out of the study.

4. My job gives the flexibility to easily make an appointment.

3. It gives me an opportunity to talk with some people I might not otherwise meet.

2. It's a pretty effective way to help others.

1. I get Smartfood white cheddar popcorn when I've finished donating. (You might think that I'm joking, but there's some truth behind every joke, and let me assure you, I am very serious about this popcorn. Have you ever had it? It is scrumptious.)


Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment