Monday, November 15, 2021

#237 Coloring

One of my favorite things to do with my daughters is coloring pictures. We have a whole stack of coloring books at our house, and there's several options for coloring tools: gel pens, markers, colored pencils, and a mountain of crayons. I'm a crayon guy. They don't need to be sharpened so often, and they don't make the mess that markers and pens sometimes do. Plus, we have more color options with our crayons, and I like to mix up my shades and color combos.

Anyway, the nice thing about coloring is that it's something I'm able to do with both Lanie and Mia at once. Having coloring books keeps us from needing to draw and worrying about our artistic ability. Coloring is simple and quiet—no complicated rules, no huge messes, no getting the tar beaten out of me by a wild toddler. I'm always interested in what colors the girls will pick. It's a lot of fun to watch them get better and better with age and practice. And honestly, I enjoy coloring, too. Nearly five years into parenting, I think I'm getting pretty decent at it. Now if I could just keep my kids from breaking all the crayons I want to use….

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment