Monday, March 13, 2017

#31 Daddy Day

Monday is far and away the best day of my week because Monday is Daddy Day. On Monday I get more time with Lanie than any other day of the week. Tess is happy because she gets freedom to relax or take care of projects that she can't get around to on other days. Lanie is happy because she still gets attention. But Daddy is the real winner on Daddy day. I get to cuddle and bounce and kiss and sing to my sweet babes, who smiles and coos and stares back at me. I've had some busy weeks at work over the past month. But Mondays, by comparison, remain beautifully, refreshingly chill. My squirmy, happy, gassy, adorable, sweet daughter is experiencing so many new things, and I get to experience them with her. It's the best.

This week's Daddy Day got a little interrupted by shoveling and a tax appointment. But Lanie and I still managed to pack in quite a bit. We bounced up and down. We used her swing while listening to a couple albums by The Civil Wars. She pooped through her diaper and screamed at me while I lovingly cleaned her up. We cuddled in the recliner as she took a nap. We took some precious pictures. She spit up all over my shirt. We walked around the house. We made faces at each other, and I did my best to imitate her noises. We held hands. I rubbed her belly. We did tummy time. For the most part, we just kept each other warm and happy while getting to know each other just a little better. Today was a good day.






Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment