Monday, June 21, 2021

#223 Game 7

On Saturday my beloved Milwaukee Bucks defeated the Brooklyn Nets in game 7 of their NBA Eastern Conference semifinals matchup. It was an intense game, with several lead changes and a lot of back-and-forth action in the second half. Totally caught up in the game, I don't think I sat down for more than about two minutes once the third quarter started. I nervously paced between the TV and the recliner. I pumped my fist in celebration after Milwaukee baskets and clapped my hands in satisfaction after defensive stops. I moaned in disbelief at ticky-tack fouls called by the officials. And when everything became too much to handle, I simply leaned forward and rested my hands on my knees. Overtime nearly did me in, but my Bucks gutted it out. When it became clear that the Bucks were going to win the game and the series, I nearly lost my mind in jubilation. I raced and jumped around the room. Screaming, I called my dad and dragged him out of bed. Tess rebuked me sternly, threatening me with her unbridled fury if I woke Lanie and Mia up. I didn't care. My hero, Giannis Antetokounmpo, had led the team to victory, squeezing out just enough points and hustle plays. It took me at least an hour to calm down after being so hyped up. The Bucks have won 2 series. If they win 2 more series, they'll be the champs. Let's hope my floorboards can handle the stress.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment