Monday, June 14, 2021

#222 Watch Along

The internet informed me that this past Saturday (June 12) was Superman Day. To celebrate I pulled my Superman t-shirt out of my dresser in the morning and fired up a couple animated Superman movies in the late afternoon/evening. I'm part of an online Superman fan club, and one of the members set up a movie marathon. Even though we were all in different locations, we all started the films at the same time and used a group chat to share our favorite moments, make witty comments, and wonder where in the world we'd encountered these actors before. It wasn't really the same as watching a movie with other people in the room, but with my family out of town for the weekend, it was pretty cool to "hear" from other people while watching a couple old favorites. It's always good to have something to keep me from talking to myself, and it was fun to experience some other people's perspectives. Plus, even though Tess is a very good sport, it was probably good for me to get my Superman-watching in when she was busy. All in all, it was a good Superman Day. Till next time!

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment