Monday, February 8, 2021

#205 Ballin'

Tess and I bought Lanie one of those plastic, adjustable basketball hoops for her 4th birthday. It seems to be a pretty great gift. I've learned a couple lessons about basketball and my family so far.

First, Mia, who just celebrated her 1st birthday, has an absolute blast rolling the ball back and forth. I get her to sit up with her legs in a "V" and then roll the ball right up to her tummy. She giggles like the best thing in the world has just happened before eventually pushing the ball back to me so I can do it again. It's a simple game, but it's highly effective.

Second, Lanie thinks basketball is a contact sport. I told her it's her job to stop me from scoring. Her interpretation of that involves jumping on my back and trying to pin me to the ground. She doesn't hesitate to run right into me. And if she gets her hands the ball, she doesn't let go. Our games are pretty low-scoring affairs. It's hard to even get a decent shot off when we spend most of time wrestling over the ball. But Lanie apparently lives by one simple rule: No blood, no foul. It's good thing she only weighs about forty pounds. Otherwise I'd be in big trouble.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment