Monday, January 18, 2021

#202 Music to My Ears

Lanie, my older daughter, is on the verge of turning 4. In the past couple of months she's started to really be able to sing. I absolutely love it. I've always enjoyed music, and little Lanie is just so adorable when she sings. In December she wanted Tess and me to sing "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" every night as we put Mia to bed, and before long she was singing along. Lately she's been singing songs about Mommy and Daddy that she picked up from a TV show she watches while she eats her bedtime snack. She's also been chiming in a little bit when we sing lullabies to Mia before bed. I smile whenever hear Lanie singing to herself while she colors or builds with her magnetic tiles, just like I often do as I go about my day. Hopefully she'll continue to love to sing as she grows up. And hopefully she inherits her singing ability from her mother and not her father.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment