Monday, September 21, 2020

#188 R.I.P., Miller Park

We're taking a break from more serious blog topics to talk about baseball. Yesterday (Sep 20) was the last Milwaukee Brewers home game at Miller Park. (The Brewers are on the road the rest of the season and won't be hosting any playoff games this year.) Now the stadium isn't going anywhere; it's just being renamed as American Family Field next year. This is a huge bummer for me and for many other Brewers fans, too. Miller Park just made sense. Our team is named for people who make beer, so why shouldn't the stadium be named after a huge beer company? American Family Field isn't a terrible name, but it's not the same. Let's face it: after 20 years, I'm not just going to stop calling the building Miller Park. I understand that the Brewers get some serious money for selling the naming rights to the stadium, and I get that Miller had first dibs at keeping those rights, but I still don't have to like it. If we were building a new stadium, I could maybe learn to live with this, but I'm really against renaming our beloved ballpark. It'll always be Miller Park to me.



Grace and peace,

BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment