Monday, January 13, 2020

#158 Trash Talk

Tess and I bought Candy Land for Lanie this Christmas. She really likes the game, and she doesn't need a whole lot of help from us. We have a lot of fun together. There's only one downfall: Lanie has learned how to trash talk. As soon as we get the game out she starts giving me a hard time: "I go to ice cream [the special ice cream cone space is pretty close to the goal]. Daddy cry, cry."

So a couple things: First, for some reason Lanie thinks that losing to her in Candy Land is absolutely devastating for me. I've never cried, but she's sure I'm hurting, and she really feels the need to rub it in. Second, her trash talk is pretty justified: she wins pretty much every time we play. It's incredible. She really doesn't draw fantastic cards. She's not pulling the ice cream cone card early in the game every time. But I can't seem to beat her. For whatever reason, whenever I get within about twenty spaces of the end, I inevitably pull the peanut card and end up way back, only about one-third of the way to the end. So I'm stuck listening to Lanie's trash talk. She's savage. We may be playing Candy Land, but my daughter isn't all sweet.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment