Monday, March 4, 2019

#121 The World According to Lanie

Lanie and I have had some interesting conversations lately.

Last week Monday I was watching Lanie while Tess was at work at the library.
Lanie: Mama?
Me: Mom's at work, Lanie. Remember? Does Mama work?
Lanie: No no.
Me: Do you think Daddy works?
Lanie: Yep yep!
Me: What do you think Mom's doing if she's not working? Do you think she's shopping?
Lanie: Oh yep!

Lanie and I often go down to the basement. When we do, she likes to pull all the cards out of my wallet. One day last week she decided to set all my cards on a ledge at the top of the basement stairs.
Lanie: [Looks at me. Points downstairs.]
Me: Do you want Daddy to go downstairs?
Lanie: Yep yep!
Me: But you're upstairs. I want to stay by you. I don't want to go downstairs by myself.
Lanie: [Returns to playing.]
Lanie: [Walks downstairs and waits for me to follow.]
Lanie: [Motions for me to sit on the couch downstairs.]
Lanie: [Begins walking back upstairs.]
Me: Are you leaving me?
Lanie: Yep!
Me: Can I come with you?
Lanie: No no.
Me: Are you trying to get rid of Daddy?
Lanie: Yep yep!

Well, she may want to ditch me and may not think Tess works, but at least Lanie's honest.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment