Monday, September 3, 2018

#98 Daaaa!

Yesterday afternoon I took a nap. Lanie was outside playing with Tess and my parents, so I took the opportunity to crash. When my family returned after a pretty long play session, I was still passed out. Tess poked her head through the bedroom door, saw that I was still sleeping, and left to change Lanie's diaper. Once Lanie was clean, Tess set her back on the floor and turned away to wash her hands. Lanie, having figured out where I was, made a break for our bedroom. Tess had pulled the door shut, but it hadn't latched, enabling Lanie to smack the door open. She burst into the room, yelling, "Daaaa! Daaaadaaaa Daaaadaaaa!" while pointing at me. This wake-up left me more than a little surprised, but Lanie was just beaming, so proud that she had found me. It definitely wasn't the gentlest wake-up call, but I think it was probably the cutest. Don't worry, everybody: Lanie is here to make sure I'm not too lazy.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment