Monday, June 18, 2018

#90 Church Lanie

As Lanie becomes more active and more vocal, she's been enjoying church more and more. Lately she's been waiting for me at the front of church before the service begins. When I walk up the steps to sit behind the pulpit, Lanie climbs up after me and sits on my lap during the prelude. After the service, Lanie expectantly waits for me to pick her up so she can shake hands with me. This weekend it was brutally hot in Iowa, so we worshiped in the basement where the air conditioners were. That meant I was able to hear Lanie banging on the table and babbling away. After the service she kicked me with glee whenever one of her favorite people came over to shake my hand. Lanie has a ton of fun running around and saying hi to everyone. The church members are wildly entertained by all of this, and I think it's pretty sweet, but Tess is just a little bit stressed by Lanie's noise and energy. Lanie's pretty manageable for now, but it's only a matter of time before Lanie gets away from Tess in the middle of a service. Then we'll really have some fun.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment