Monday, October 31, 2022

#275 Question from a Parent

Dear people who go all-out with Halloween decorations,

I hope that you've had a wonderful celebration of October 31. I am impressed by the amount of time and effort you've put into your decorations. I appreciate your generosity in handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. However, I'm not sure I understand your goals. Why do you want a bunch of small children to come up to your house for candy? Can't you see that they're terrified by the whole atmosphere? They don't really understand what's going on; they just know it makes them afraid. I'm not at all saying you can't decorate or get into character or scare some older kids and adults. Maybe I just don't get the thrill of being scared. But if you love Halloween and want little kids to enjoy Halloween, is scaring the living daylights out of them the best way to go about it?

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment