Monday, September 6, 2021

#229 Lanie's First Day of School


Lanie started preschool last week. After months and months of eagerly talking about going to school, she finally got her chance. Preschool must have lived up to Lanie's expectations, because one of the first things she said to Tess was, "Mom, I get to go to school tomorrow!" She's been playing with all sorts of new things, listening to stories, learning songs, and finding out how to get along with other kids.

As Lanie's dad, I'm excited for her. I look forward to watching her learn and develop. I'm eager for her to make new friends. I want her to continue to develop her own personality. Lanie starting preschool is a little bittersweet, however. Up to this point, Lanie's always been at home; she never went to daycare or anything like that. Now she's off away from home, having all sorts of adventures and making memories without Mom and Dad. I'm happy for her. I want her to grow up. But I am a little sad that I won't get to witness all the fun she's having. She'll just have to fill me in when she gets home.

Grace and peace,
BMH

P.S. Lanie and I found some more ice cream cone sculptures:






No comments:

Post a Comment