Monday, August 10, 2020

#184 Fruit Troubles

I really enjoy eating fresh fruit. I've almost never encountered a fruit that I didn't like. Each year I look forward to all the different fruits that are in season during the summer. Since I generally do the grocery shopping in our family, I try to get a nice variety of fruits to eat throughout the week. There's just one slight problem: my family doesn't share my enthusiasm for fruit. Tess really only eats what I call "boring" fruits: apples, bananas, oranges, grapes. Lanie is three years old and often doesn't want to branch out, so she'll convince herself that she doesn't like something before she even tries it. And Mia isn't eating solid food yet. So sometimes I want to eat something like kiwis or cherries, but my grocery store only carries packages of a dozen kiwis or two-pound bags of cherries. Unable to convince my family to share the fruity goodness, I end up eating kiwis or cherries every day for a week, by which point I'm glad they're gone. So my dreams of variety don't always work out as smoothly as I hope. Maybe someday my kids will be ready and willing to share with me.

Grace and peace,

BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment