Monday, February 17, 2020

#163 Super Birthday

I know, dear readers, that you're here for an update on Mia. I promise that one is coming next time I blog. I might even blog again this week if I remember. But today is my birthday, and today also would have been the 100th birthday of a personal hero of mine, Curt Swan, so I'm going to go ahead and blog about Curt Swan, like I've been planning for about a year.

Curt Swan was an artist, specifically a comic artist. Over the course of his career Curt drew a mind-boggling 19,000 pages of covers and interior pages. The reason I'm such a big fan of Curt Swan is that he was primarily a Superman artist. He first drew Superman in 1948 and was the main Superman artist for about three decades from the mid-1950s until 1986. And Curt was a remarkable Superman artist, doing an incredible job of making a fantastic character seem believeable. Rather than boring you with my thoughts on Curt Swan, I'll just leave you with a sampling of some of my favorite work of his:










Happy birthday, Curt!

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment