Monday, June 10, 2019

#133 Coffee

Sitting still has never been my strong suit. As a kid I would jump and jump and jump while doing normally stationary activities like playing video games. At school I would rock back and forth in my desk. Nowadays I'm a little bit better, but I still often tap my foot or shake my legs or play with my hands if I have to sit too long. So being short on energy normally isn't my problem. On top of that, I'm a morning person. I wake up ready to go. Because of these things, I never became a coffee drinker. When others ask me why not, I usualy just say I haven't grown up yet. For the most part I'll find something else to drink or just go without a beverage if I join a group of coffee drinkers. But every once in a while I find myself in a situation where I drink a cup of coffee to be polite. And well, it isn't pretty. I can't really handle it. It's not so much the taste—though I do add some cream or sugar there. It's the caffeine. I almost never have caffeine. Not only do I not drink coffee, but I also very rarely have pop. So I'll be at a coffee shop where the smallest coffee available is a 12 oz. By the end of my cup I feel like I'm twitching. I keep picking up the cup and playing with it. I feel somewhat off for a large portion of the day. It's a weird experience. So if you wonder why I'm not drinking coffee, I don't think it's because I'm crazy. It's more that I'm trying to stay sane.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment