Monday, April 22, 2019

#127 Hide and Peek

Tess and I have a two-stage bedtime routine with Lanie. After we go upstairs to Lanie's room, I do some reading with Lanie, and then Tess sings to Lanie and puts her in the crib. In between reading and singing I leave Lanie's room and hide. When Lanie finds me, I race to catch her before she can get back to Tess. We've been playing this little game for several months now. Lately Lanie has decided that she needs a turn to hide as well. She exclaims, "Me hide!" and I scurry back to her room to give her a chance to conceal herself. Lanie understands the concept of hiding. But she doesn't understand the concept of staying hidden. Many times she starts giggling loudly as soon as Tess tells me that I can come looking for Lanie. And even when Lanie stays silent, she's almost always too excited to wait. So she peeks out from her hiding place, grinning from ear to ear, practically begging me to come get her. It's absolutely adorable. And when she finally does decide to stay hidden someday, I'll be so out of practice that it'll take me that much longer to find her.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment