Friday, March 9, 2018

#77 All by Myself

Tess and Lanie are gone for the weekend. After I dropped them off with a friend of ours this evening, I stopped for dinner on my way home. Now, as most people know, I'm an introvert. I'm very comfortable being by myself; in fact I spent some time living alone overseas after college. But there's something about eating out alone that makes me feel sort of weird and pathetic. I'm not really sure why. There must be people that regularly eat out alone. I've never had the staff at a restaurant look at me funny for eating by myself. But there's something about being alone at a restaurant that throws me off. I get self-conscious. I just don't like it. So if you ever see me sitting at a table for one, feel free to come and join me. I enjoy a good conversation over dinner, and there's nothing like food for building friendships. For now I'll just be glad that my belly is full and I'm back in the privacy of my own home, where nobody has to feel bad for me being alone.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment