Monday, May 22, 2017

#40 Lanie the Lion

For the past week or so, Lanie's been showing signs of teething. She's fussier than normal and seems to be having a little extra trouble sleeping. She drools constantly and wants to put everything in her mouth, including making attempts to eat large things like water bottles and her stuffed lion. Lanie gnaws on her fingers, her clothes, her spit rags, and all of her toys. But those things aren't enough. Lanie also wants to eat other people's fingers. This afternoon she was propped up against my legs, holding my index fingers in her hands. Slowly but surely, Lanie pulled our hands toward her face. Then, like a lion, she pounced into action, flinging her mouth towards my right finger. Startled, I yanked my finger back. But Lanie is a tenacious baby girl. She tried this same plan of attack three or four more times before I couldn't contain myself any longer. I started laughing so hard that Lanie gave up and went back to charming me with her adorable smile. She's quite the little mastermind. I don't know how I entertained myself before she was born.

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment