Monday, April 10, 2017

#35 Music on My Mind

I listen to quite a bit of music on a weekly basis. I have music playing almost the entire time I'm writing each of my sermons. Tess and I have the radio on whenever we're driving out of town. We go through quite a few songs with worship services and other church activities. With all that music in my life, I almost constantly have one song or another in my head. Sometimes I sing them to Lanie or belt them out in the shower. And sometimes I start humming them without knowing it. I'll be walking along and find myself halfway through a verse or a few bars into a chorus. Normally that isn't a big deal, but occasionally I catch myself doing this while walking in a group of people. I snap back to focus from being in my own little world and find others giving me some interesting looks. A lot of strangers probably think I'm a little bit out there. Then again, I think most of the people who know me think the same thing. :) I often wonder if other people hum subconsciously. Anybody else want to own up to that?

Grace and peace,
BMH

No comments:

Post a Comment